Hi, I’m Iiris Konttinen. I’m a versatile digital marketing and service design professional based in Helsinki, Finland, and the Founder and CEO of Steps Helsinki, a small Nordic service design startup and consulting agency.
I’m passionate about what I do for living, and I love to work with complex issues and problem solving. Digital strategy implementation and digital customer experience design, as well as planning for various strategic marketing efforts are among my favourite tasks when it comes to my current job.
In this blog, “Life of a Planner”, I mainly write about my work and other related topics.
I have a solid background in digital and graphic design, marketing communications and service design as well as project management.
I hold a BA degree in Digital Design (Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences), as well as a BA degree in Humanities (University of Helsinki).
In my previous role, before setting out to found my own agency and business, I was a Planner for Digital Media at the Finnish National Gallery.
The Finnish National Gallery websites serve around 1.5 million unique visitors annually, and the FNG’s social media channels have over 150 000 followers.
The projects I have been involved in and my other tasks in the FNG:
- Project management has been one of my main responsibilities in the FNG
- I have been deeply involved in working on the digital media action plan and planning the future digital media roadmap of the FNG
- I have facilitated a series of workshops on the social media and overall digital strategy in the FNG as a member of the Digital Services Steering Group of the FNG
- I have taken care of social media analyst and expert tasks in the FNG
- And I have taken care of many other communications tasks in the FNG
The most feasible way to contact me is via LinkedIn:
You might also wish to check out the website of my current agency, Steps Helsinki:
You can also join in and follow Steps Helsinki on Twitter: